CEDI’S WORK AND #GLOBALGOALS
CEDI’s interventions contribute to achieving the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Goal 1: No poverty (End poverty in all its forms everywhere) – CEDI works with key stakeholders to empower most vulnerable people in Nigerian communities to end poverty.
- Goal 2: Zero hunger (End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture) – CEDI works to promote climate smart agricultural practices and provide support to farmers to boost food security so that no Nigerian goes to bed hungry.
- Goal 3: Good health and well-being (Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages) – CEDI focus on a reduction in maternal mortality and improve the quality of maternal and reproductive health in Nigeria. We also focus on sensitization on health initiatives such as Malaria, Child health, HIV/AIDS, Cancer and one health in Nigerian communities.
- Goal 4: Quality education (Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote life-long learning opportunities for all) – CEDI work to transform the lives of children in vulnerable communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. We also support girls to complete secondary school with the relevant life skills including leadership trainings to succeed in school and beyond.
- Goal 5: Gender equality (Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls) – CEDI supports gender equality in all our areas of intervention.
- Goal 6: Clean water and sanitation (Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all) – CEDI work with stakeholders to promote WASH in schools and communities. Safe water, safely managed sanitation/ toilets and proper hygiene protect people from disease and enable societies to be more productive in all areas.
- Goal 7: Affordable and clean energy (Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all) – CEDI supports the use of renewable energy and work to promote the use of clean cookstoves and fuels in vulnerable Nigerian communities.
- Goal 10: Reduced inequalities (Reduce inequality within and among countries) – CEDI work with partners to empower communities and lift them above the poverty line.
- Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities (Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable) – CEDI work to promote healthy lives by providing access to safe water, proper sanitation and hygiene as well as improving the educational lives of urban poor so as to prevent the negative effect of extensive urbanization.
- Goal 13: Climate action (Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts) – CEDI supports actions to reduce the threats of climate change by promoting the use of renewable energy as well as clean cookstoves and fuel. This will help combat climate change and reduce the rate of deforestation and land degradation.